On the way to Rocky Mountain National Park, we stopped in the town of Estes. It is a cute tourist town with lots of neat shops. We drove up this road and ran into this neat old hotel. I thought to myself "This place looks like it could be in a old movie or something!" Come to find out, it is known for it's inspirational role in Stephen King's book "The Shining." It has also been featured as one of America's most haunted hotels. If you desire, you can take a historical and ghost tour of the hotel. I think I will stay home for that one!!! Unless, I become a bit more brave. Jason is ready to go! He is not a chicken like his wife is! I would love to see all the neat arcitecture inside. I am fascinated with old buildings and homes. I just don't know if I am brave enough to stay the night, but maybe out of curiousity??? UPDATE: Jason and I will be staying at the Stanley Hotel for Jason's Birthday this year, which is October 13th. While making the reservations, we noticed his birthday lands on Friday the 13th...... How appropriate!!!!!
Another Beach Trip to St. George Island
1 day ago
1 comments:
Hi Naomi, The Stanley hotel, boy do I envy you! Do you ever watch "Ghost Hunter's"? They investigated this place just recently, it was pretty interesting. Just one bit of advice; sleep with the lights on. hahaha!
Post a Comment