WELCOME!

" We shape our dwellings, and afterwards our dwellings shape us." ~ Winston Churchhill.










Friday, August 18, 2006

MY NEW HANDBAG!

Like my new handbag? The pattern is from Amy Butler. It is her Draw String Purse and Smart Handbag Collection. I really like how her designs use vintage or vintage inspired fabric. I am adding a link to her website for any sewers out there, who like what you see.

the handbag was actually easy to sew, and I am not the greatest sewer in the world. Self taught and still rather new to it all. I did make a few mistakes, but I am very happy with how my first handbag turned out. I used a dark red toile fabric for the outside and a dark red, olive green and brown stripe fabric for the lining. I even created a pocket, well two pockets, but I accidently sewed over the second one while sewing my decorative stitching on the outside of the handbag, OOPS!!!!! Now, I need to conquer the drawstring purse. I have to sew a button hole for that one, which is a bit scary!! Wish me luck! Here is her Link http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/mainmenu.php

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your bag, it sure is pretty! I have no patience when it comes to sewing!

Sarah .B. Scott said...

Beautiful job Naomi!

Anonymous said...

Totally beautiful! I've refound your blog again! Great work and love the canning too!

-Shiloah B.
www.homemakingcottage.com/blog/